Safe Walking Tips
- Use crosswalks when available. Keep to the right in the crosswalk.
- Before crossing, look in both directions — left, right, left.
- At signalized crosswalks, cross only on proper signal.
- Watch for cars. Be sure that the way is clear before you cross.
- Avoid crossing between parked cars.
- Where there is no side walk and it is necessary to walk in the roadway, walk on the left side, facing traffic.
- Wear or carry retro-reflective material at night to help drivers see you.